Vodafone Global Enterprise
01 / 2014 – Present
Senior Mobility Solution Manager
Responsible for a portfolio of product, services and solutions within Vodafone CSSO (Customer Solutions and Service operations). The focus of this is for the Mobility Solutions Portfolio including Managed Blackberry Solutions (BES 5 &, BES10 solutions), Good For Enterprise, MobileIron, AirWatch and Bespoke Hosted Managed Mobility Solutions.
• Owner of the solution portfolio end to end, tracking P+L to ensure Revenue and Cost objectives are delivered within CSSO for the respective products, with responsibility for any proactive and corrective actions required to ensure these targets are met.
• Work closely with key stakeholders from Group Enterprise Product’s, Group Technology and CSSO functions to ensure interlock including roadmap, pipeline, resourcing requirements, and overall solution or product design.
• Lead a team of subject matter expert and as well as being the SPOC for the design and development of new service propositions for the solution within CSSO.
• Provide technical & service specific expertise including sales enablement and training to sales, support to solution / specialist architects and input to customer SOW’s as appropriate.
• Drive Continuous Service Improvement and repeatability for the solution.
• Management of any related key partners and 3rd parties key to the success of the service or solution in global organisation.
09 / 2012 – 01 / 2014
Mobile Security Architect
Providing full and independent consultation on MDM (Mobile Device Management), MAM (Mobile Application Management) and MCM (Mobile Content management) solutions for enterprise customers around traditional and next generation mobile device technologies.
Along with the advice and consultation above, Simon also gives lectures and runs mobility workshops aimed at both the technical and C-level audiences.
12 / 2008 – 09 / 2012
Mobility Infrastructure Engineer
EMEA mobility infrastructure engineer and SME for the company’s BlackBerry, and non BlackBerry smartphone/tablet MDM portfolio along with supporting upgrading and maintaining the current BlackBerry portfolio held by the company.
My focus was on providing non-BlackBerry mobility solutions, device (BlackBerry, Android, iOS etc), MDM vendor (RIM, Good, MobileIron etc) and environment agnostically (Exchange, Domino, BPOS etc) to the company internally, and to our clients.
To date, this means I was responsible for rolling out mobile messaging and MDM (Mobile Device Management) solutions to a wide variety of clients in sectors including financial services, industrial, defence, bio-chem, and several government sections including those bound by strict government policy (FIPS, CESG IL2, IL3 etc). Such solutions have been for as few as 10 user pilots through to solutions that hold in excess of 10,000 users.
Mobile messaging and MDM technologies experience includes (but is not limited to) BlackBerry Mobile Fusion (BDS, UDS Fusion Studio), Lotus Traveller, Microsoft ActiveSync, Good for Enterprise, MobileIron, BoxTone, BlackBerry Enterprise Server with exposure to a number more which have been architectured, rolled out, maintained and supported.
03 / 2007 – 12 / 2008
Snr Remote Engineer
Responsibility for the remote support of clients and systems on a global level for a leading financial services client.
SME BlackBerry SME Ruggedised Laptop
03 / 2005 – 03 / 2007
Network Support Specialist
Responsibility for the remote support of the PHH Arval network at a national level.